Schedule of Rates & Tariffs
Ascension Water Company
Ascension Parish, Louisiana
Issued: January 11, 2018
This service is available under the general terms and conditions of the Company to all customers of water service within area served by the Company.
Monthly Minimum Charge
Size of Meter
- 5/8" - $15.52
- 3/4" - 23.24
- 1" - 42.54
- 1 ½" - 88.86
- 2" - 142.90
- 3" - 270.28
- 4" - 636.98
- 6" - 1,455.30
- 8" - 2,547.68
- 10" - 4,879.12
Monthly Rates for Water Used Per 1,000 Gallons
- First 2,500 gallons $6.208 per 1,000 gallons
- All Additional $3.86 per 1,000 gallons
- Water Purchased Adjustment $0.0474 per 1,000 gallons
Private Fire Protection
Automatic Sprinkler System
Size of Service Monthly Charge
- 2" - $23.75
- 3" - 34.25
- 4" - 43.65
- 6" - 56.00
- 8" - 73.00
- 10" - 90.75
Private Fire Hydrant Service
Per year payable monthly in advance: $435.00
- *Installation & Removal of Meter on Hydrant: $350.00
- Deposit: $1,000
- Water used: $6.00 per 1,000 gallons
*If meter is installed on service other than hydrant, installation and removal will be at cost.
Effective: January 11, 2018
Authority: LPSC Order # U-34629
- Pelican Point area (Docket #S-25187) - 5.75
- Sorrento Corp. Limits (Docket #S-28604) - 2.90
- Sorrento Area (Docket #S-28604) - 5.75
The amount of the deposit will be calculated at 2 ½ times the average monthly bill.
Service Charges and Fees
- For each new service connected to the Company's system, the initial service charge will be $300.00.
- For turning on a service or reading the meter upon a change of customers, the charge will be $30.00.
- For reconnecting a service after disconnection for non-payment, failure to make a deposit, or fraudulent use, the charge will be $50.00.
- For reconnecting a service after business hours and on weekends after disconnection for non-payment, failure to make a deposit, or fraudulent use, the charge will be $100.00.
- For the customer taking water through the use of jumper device or a stolen meter, the charge will be $250.00.
- For each check given to the Company by the cusotmer and charges back to the Company by the bank for nonsufficient funds i.e. NSF, the charge per occurrance will be $20.00.
- A deposit of $30.00 will be required for a meter test requested by the customer. If the meter records in excess of 102% of the quantity measured, the deposit will be refunded. Otherwise, the amount of the deposit will be retained as a charge for the meter test.
- An additional charge for water purchased from an outside source will be billed monthly at the prevailing rate.
- For the customer paying their bill by credit card, an additional convenience fee will be assessed for each transaction. This fee will be the actual fee charged by the 3rd party processor.
- For the customer paying their bill by credit card, and disputed or charged back to the company, an additional fee will be assessed. This fee will be the actual fee charged by the 3rd party processor.